Sign up for our live online English for Marketing course with one of our qualified British teachers and get the confidence and skills you need to communicate in English fluently.
If you work in marketing, our native British teachers can provide the industry-specific English you require to succeed.
In today’s global economy, multinational companies continue to expand their exposure through complicated and diverse marketing campaigns. To be successful, marketing strategies need to be tailored to a global marketplace as well as having to reflect differences in local markets. As a result, marketing campaigns require a much higher degree of international co-ordination to ensure that corporate, product and brand values are seamlessly aligned. Considering that many campaigns are planned, co-ordinated and even launched in English, it is becoming imperative for international Marketers to have a strong grasp of Marketing-related English. From planning campaigns to negotiating supplier contracts, excellence in English has become an invaluable skill.
Our online English for Marketing course will definitely help you become much more confident in communicating in English with your clients and colleagues. It’s specifically designed to help students make progress quickly and combines role-plays and a variety of exercises to provide an engaging, motivating and relevant syllabus.
Our live online English for Marketing course will be tailor-made to your specific needs but typically it covers how to improve your presentation skills, expand your business vocabulary and be able to communicate in English in the context of accounting and finance, with a greater degree of confidence.
All our Online Business English lessons are suitable for all levels from Beginner to Proficient.
You can combine English for Marketing lessons with any other areas of interest: Conversational English, General Business English, Pronunciation and Accent Reduction. If you have a specific area you want to work on, your English teacher will prepare and write a course just for YOU – don’t hesitate to ask!
Typically, our online English for Marketing course covers the following topics:
- Introduction to Marketing: Jobs and responsibilities, Corporate Identity, Logos, Branding
- Finding the Customer: Market research, Customer Profiles, Data collection, A telephone survey
- Planning a marketing strategy: The marketing plan, The for Ps, Pricing and Positioning strategies
- Creating ads: The AIDA model for advertising, Working with an ad agency, Advertising channels, Rate sheets
- Marketing tools: Distribution channels, Types of discount, Types of retailer, Telemarketing, Direct
- Presenting your public face: Public relations, Website as a marketing tool, Sponsoring, Effective press releases
- Marketing through trade fairs: Giveaways, organising events, Attending a trade fair
Conversational Business English:
• Jobs and responsibilities: job titles and tasks
• Numbers – ordinal and cardinal
• Time – dates, timetables, making appointments and changing appointments
• Everyday conventions: greetings, time-keeping etc
• Telephoning – key phrases; making and receiving a call; taking a message
• Small talk – brief conversations and keeping the conversation going
• Talking to clients
• Money – types, bills, accounts
• Essential English for business travellers
• Writing memos and e-mails
• Word and sentence stress and intonation
• Structural content / Grammar
• Word order, word building and building longer sentences
• Linking words
• Industry insight and industry related vocabulary
• Common business related idioms
• Body language and gestures
• Intercultural communication
• Social life
About online English lessons in groups
- You need to have at least four people to book a group lesson
- Each of you can join a lesson from your own computer, or you can take your classes all together from one computer
- Time and days: to suit your requirements. Evenings and weekends are available on request
- Lesson fees: from only EUR 8.00 – click here
- Our online teachers are highly educated and have years of experience working in British schools and abroad. All our teachers are also qualified EFL (English as a Foreign Language) teachers
- Lessons are suitable for any level and any age
- You can choose to have 25 min, 50 min or 75 min English classes
- You will receive all teaching materials prior to your lessons (these could be texts or video/audio materials, comprehension questions, vocabulary, idioms, phrasal verbs etc)
- Your English teacher will send you post-lesson homework for your next class which will be sent back to you with corrections and teacher’s comments
- Certificate of Attendance can be issued on request
- We provide full technical support
- How to join a lesson in the Virtual English Classroom: We strongly advise you to initiate the joining process 10 min before your lesson is due to start. Follow the Joining Link from the confirmation email and it will take you to our Virtual English Classroom platform. Click “Go Online”. Once the teacher begins the class, you will get access to your control panel (dashboard). Your teacher will explain everything you need to know about different tools – out teaching platform is exceptionally user-friendly and you should have no worries about joining/participating in your classes!
- Receive a Demo Lesson Report
- Receive your English teacher’s recommendations for future course structure
- Receive homework (grammar exercises or a composition) and send it back to you teacher for corrections
- Discuss your aims and goals with your teacher, and set the time frame
- Receive your overall level assessment
- Choose convenient days and time for all your classes
- Ask any question about the materials, lesson formats, timetable and payments
- Discuss your future homework