Sign up for our live online English for Accounting course with one of our qualified British teachers and get the confidence and skills you need to communicate in English fluently.
Whether you work in accounting, banking, auditing or other financial sectors, our native British teachers can provide the industry-specific English you require to succeed.
Our online English for Accounting and Finance course explores the latest developments through current articles, financial terminology and also essential General Business English. This course will help you become a confident English speaker in the financial sphere as it’s specifically designed to help students make progress quickly and combines role-plays and a variety of exercises to provide an engaging, motivating and relevant syllabus.
Our live online English for Accounting course will be tailor-made to your specific needs but typically it covers how to improve your presentation skills, expand your business vocabulary and be able to communicate in English in the context of accounting and finance, with a greater degree of confidence.
All our Online Business English lessons are suitable for all levels from Beginner to Proficient.
You can combine English for Accounting lessons with any other areas of interest: Conversational English, General Business English, Pronunciation and Accent Reduction. If you have a specific area you want to work on, your English teacher will prepare and write a course just for YOU – don’t hesitate to ask!
Typically, our online English for Accounting course covers the following topics:
- Introduction to Accounting: Jobs in accounting, Accounting problems, Creative accounting, CPA and chartered accountants
- Financial statements and ratios: Profit and loss statements, Balance sheet, explaining accounts, Ratio analysis
- Tax accounting: Tax systems, Methods of depreciation, Calculating tax expense, Taxation planning
- Auditing: Role of auditors, Types of auditors, Author-client relationship, Describing graphs, An auditor’s report
- Management accounting: Defining management accounting, Statement of cash flows, Budgets, The future of accounting
- Investment: Cross-border investments, Different accounting practices, Intercultural issues, Globalisation and the role of accountants
Conversational Business English:
• Jobs and responsibilities: job titles and tasks
• Numbers – ordinal and cardinal
• Time – dates, timetables, making appointments and changing appointments
• Everyday conventions: greetings, time-keeping etc
• Telephoning – key phrases; making and receiving a call; taking a message
• Small talk – brief conversations and keeping the conversation going
• Talking to clients
• Money – types, bills, accounts
• Essential English for business travellers
• Writing memos and e-mails
• Word and sentence stress and intonation
• Structural Content / Grammar
• Word order, word building and building longer sentences
• Linking words
• Industry insight and industry related vocabulary
• The economy
• Common business related idioms
• Body language and gestures
• Intercultural Communication
• Social Life
About online English lessons in groups
- You need to have at least four people to book a group lesson
- Each of you can join a lesson from your own computer, or you can take your classes all together from one computer
- Time and days: to suit your requirements. Evenings and weekends are available on request
- Lesson fees: from only EUR 8.00 – click here
- Our online teachers are highly educated and have years of experience working in British schools and abroad. All our teachers are also qualified EFL (English as a Foreign Language) teachers
- Lessons are suitable for any level and any age
- You can choose to have 25 min, 50 min or 75 min English classes
- You will receive all teaching materials prior to your lessons (these could be texts or video/audio materials, comprehension questions, vocabulary, idioms, phrasal verbs etc)
- Your English teacher will send you post-lesson homework for your next class which will be sent back to you with corrections and teacher’s comments
- Certificate of Attendance can be issued on request
- We provide full technical support
- How to join a lesson in the Virtual English Classroom: We strongly advise you to initiate the joining process 10 min before your lesson is due to start. Follow the Joining Link from the confirmation email and it will take you to our Virtual English Classroom platform. Click “Go Online”. Once the teacher begins the class, you will get access to your control panel (dashboard). Your teacher will explain everything you need to know about different tools – out teaching platform is exceptionally user-friendly and you should have no worries about joining/participating in your classes!
- Receive a Demo Lesson Report
- Receive your English teacher’s recommendations for future course structure
- Receive homework (grammar exercises or a composition) and send it back to you teacher for corrections
- Discuss your aims and goals with your teacher, and set the time frame
- Receive your overall level assessment
- Choose convenient days and time for all your classes
- Ask any question about the materials, lesson formats, timetable and payments
- Discuss your future homework