TED Talks Debate Club: online English classes to improve your English speaking and listening skills.
Offering an opinion can be difficult when it is not in your first language. You may know exactly what you want to say in your native tongue, but are unsure of how to express your views in English. You may also worry that your words will not come out properly or that you might hurt someone’s feelings by being too forward. Although it is easier to sit back and say nothing at all, you will become bored or frustrated if all you can do is nod your head yes or shake your head no, especially if you have a strong opinion about something. If you want to improve your English speaking and listening skills, the best thing to do is to learn and practise some common expressions that are used in discussions and debates.
Our Debate Club is based on the TED Talks (www.ted.com). These English lessons are very popular with our students, especially as a way of developing conversational English and learning new vocabulary.
- A weblink to the Ted Talk video
- A list of vocabulary from the video to learn and use in the lesson
- Comprehension questions about the video, to answer and discuss in the lesson
After each lesson, you will be given a composition as homework to consolidate all that you have learned in the lesson. Your teacher will correct your homework and make suggestions as to how you can improve your writing skills.
About English lessons on Skype:
- All our online British native teachers are fully qualified and highly experienced
- Our lessons are suitable for any level and any age
- Lesson fees: click here
- You can choose to have 25 min, 50 min or 75 min English Skype lessons
- We will allocate an English teacher to you who will develop your Individual Teaching Plan, teach your classes and make sure you are progressing to your best ability
- We will work very closely with you and you can be assured of an individual approach to your specific learning needs
- You will receive all teaching materials prior to your lessons (these could be texts or video/audio materials, comprehension questions, vocabulary, idioms, phrasal verbs etc)
- We will conduct mid-course Review Lessons to help you see how your English skills have improved
- Your English teacher will send you post-lesson homework for your next class which will be sent back to you with corrections and teacher’s comments
- We will regularly send you your Progress Report to set your objectives for the next block of lessons and constructive comments on your progress
- We will issue a Certificate of Attendance that you can proudly show off to your friends and colleagues!
- Receive a Demo Lesson Report
- Receive your level assessment
- Receive your English teacher’s recommendations for future course structure
- Choose convenient days and time for all your classes
- Discuss your aims and goals with your teacher, and set the time frame
- Ask any question about the materials, lesson formats, timetable and payments
- Discuss your homework