Movie Club: online English lessons as a great way to develop your listening and speaking skills!
When you learn English with movies or TV, you are learning the real English used by native speakers. Films provide you with examples of English used in ‘real’ situations outside the classroom, particularly interactive language – the language of real-life conversation. Movies will expose you to natural expressions and the natural flow of speech, you’ll hear natural pronunciation, everyday vocabulary, spoken grammar, common idioms and slang. Even better, you will learn these from interesting and emotional stories. If you are not living in an English-speaking environment, perhaps only film and television can provide you with this real-life language input.
Movies, without fail, are a powerful and enjoyable way to improve your English!
Before each Movie Club lesson we will send you:
- The name of a movie you must watch
- A list of vocabulary from the video to learn and use in the lesson
- Comprehension questions about the video, to answer and discuss in the lesson
After each lesson, you will be given a composition as homework to consolidate all that you have learned in the lesson. Your teacher will correct your homework and make suggestions as to how you can improve your writing skills.
About English lessons on Skype:
- All our online British native teachers are fully qualified and highly experienced
- Our lessons are suitable for any level and any age
- Lesson fees: click here
- You can choose to have 25 min, 50 min or 75 min English Skype lessons
- We will allocate an English teacher to you who will develop your Individual Teaching Plan, teach your classes and make sure you are progressing to your best ability
- We will work very closely with you and you can be assured of an individual approach to your specific learning needs
- You will receive all teaching materials prior to your lessons (these could be texts or video/audio materials, comprehension questions, vocabulary, idioms, phrasal verbs etc)
- We will conduct mid-course Review Lessons to help you see how your English skills have improved
- Your English teacher will send you post-lesson homework for your next class which will be sent back to you with corrections and teacher’s comments
- We will regularly send you your Progress Report to set your objectives for the next block of lessons and constructive comments on your progress
- We will issue a Certificate of Attendance that you can proudly show off to your friends and colleagues!
- Receive a Demo Lesson Report
- Receive your level assessment
- Receive your English teacher’s recommendations for future course structure
- Choose convenient days and time for all your classes
- Discuss your aims and goals with your teacher, and set the time frame
- Ask any question about the materials, lesson formats, timetable and payments
- Discuss your homework